Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Kande's Satin Sheets Romance Review for A Taste of Chocolate by: Vonnie Davis



Title:  A Taste of Chocolate


Author: Vonnie Davis


Publisher:  Still Moments Publishing




Genre: Contemporary Romance


Length:  31 pages

Summary:  “A man’s kiss should taste like chocolate, dark flavor melting, doing sensual things to you.” ~ Freya, the Matchmaker
 Hope Morningstar has the worst luck with men. One boyfriend wrote her a “Dear John” letter while serving overseas. Her latest romantic interest broke up with her in a text. When a traffic detour puts her in an unfamiliar neighborhood, she stops at Freya’s Coffee Shop where she gets more than directions. She gets another chance at finding love.

Declan Fleming, scarred by a cheating ex-wife, has given up searching for love. He’s taken the route of a few other men and engaged the services of Freya, the matchmaker. Still, he’s been waiting for a year and he’s just about given up hope. Then Freya sends him Hope.

When feelings of insecurity and trust issues come into play, can finding love stand a chance? Can the magical influence of this matchmaker create a happy ending? After all, finding that one special love often involves a bit of special magic, does it not?

Kande's Review:






Wow. I chose this book because of the interesting quote about men's kisses being like chocolate but I'm blown away by this book. Just reading the first chapter had me hooked and wanting to read more. By the end of the second chapter I became addicted. Seriously, if you don't own this book you need to get it like now... the links are above... go go go... now! 

*coughs* 

Anyway the author did a fantastic job of creating these characters. Hope, her character is beautiful and insecure, looking for love in all the wrong places until she meets Freya the matchmaker! In a coffee shop of all places. Everything that happens there is so detailed and thought out that it makes me feel like I'm there.  I actually felt like I was at the coffee shop having chocolate cake with Freya!  When Hope goes to meet the mystery man he has flowers and is as charming as ever. They look around the mall and become closer as they learn more and more about each other. He's charming, sexy, powerful and did I mention sexy? Hope becomes goo when he puts the move son her asking for another date on his boat... but when her ex comes back and wants her back who will she choose? 

"Does he makes you feel special?" Declan asks Hope to try and make her see the her ex isn't right for her. His passion and personality made me fall in love with Declan instantly... but she wanted to talk with her ex so he left and she hadn't spoken to him again in weeks. When she finally realizes she wants a chance with Declan she goes back to the coffee shop to ask Freya for his information but the coffee shop is nowhere to be found. I think my heart stopped beating when I read this chapter. She finally admits she wants him and there is no way to contact him. She goes online and researches the one thing she knows about him and finds his shop. 

Once inside they play it out in such a cool and fun way. "I'm looking for a man... an alpha male" He responds and they have this cute little banter and then they kiss. Kiss for the first time. The only downside to this story is it ends so suddenly! I would love to read more of Declan and Hope! I need to read more about them and their relationship!  This book is a MUST READ!! I will be reading this cute little story for a long time! I'm so happy with it! Overall a fantastic story! I give it 5 satin pillows! - Outstanding! Completely Blown Away! Not many books are this fabulous! Plot was original! Characters leapt off the page! I wish I had an autographed copy to keep on my shelf at home.




 



2 comments:

  1. Thank you for taking the time to read and review my short story. I'm thrilled you enjoyed Hope and Declan because I certainly loved crafting their journey.

    It's storming outside but, after reading your review, the sun is shining in my living room. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, to have such a glowing review. Le sigh.
    Sounds like a goodie!

    ReplyDelete