Saturday, March 2, 2013

Kande's Satin Sheets Romance Review for Jack & Jill by: Jennifer M. Eaton


Title:  Jack & Jill
Author: Jennifer M. Eaton
Publisher:  Still Moments Publishing
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Length:  96 pages
Summary:  Connect the Dots- Jill writes her most intimate Christmas wish to God—and throws it away for its ridiculousness, but Christmas wishes have a way of coming true, even when you don’t know what you’ve wished for. A Test of Faith - One day after her Christmas wish comes true, Jill faces a wrenching choice that tests her deepest beliefs. Will love prevail over conviction, or is happiness nothing more than a fairytale?



Kande's Review:
I received a copy of this book to provide an honest review and I can honestly say I loved it. The beginning was slow as it had to set the setting and scene of the story but after a few pages I was hooked. There is a Christmas Secret Santa event at the woman's job and it is crazy and fun deciding who gets who. People are swapping names and picking based on their own desires instead of sticking to the plan.  Jill gets her crush but it turns out that her crush also got her but he traded it for another girl. When Jack's replacement gives Jill the most amazing gift ever she just knew it was from Jack and she rushes to warn Jack that his secret Santa is not good for him. Jack doesn't believe her and runs off with the other girl.  After Jack finds out that his secret Santa isn't good for him he ends up drunk at Jill's house for Christmas and there is no way for me to say anything about that Christmas morning scene. It was too incredible. You have to read it yourself! Well let's just say that Jack and Jill both get their Christmas wishes.  Jack promises her that she will never be alone again, especially on new year's. The ending of the first part is sweet and romantic! I just adored it! 

This is such a heartwarming story about love and trust. The author did a fantastic job with the character development. It was as if I'd known Jill and Jack since I was younger and we were great friends.   

In part two of the story when Jack and Jill try for a relationship, things are tested. Jill has beliefs and things that she isn't willing to change for him and when he finds out he gets mad and leaves. Poor Jill! I actually felt her emotion and her distress.  When New Year's arrives and Jack goes to the door and Jill asks him why he is there. Jack responds with "I made you a promise, didn't I?"  Gosh, that brought tears to my eyes. This story is emotional and amazing.  This was wonderfully done! I'm so impressed!  I give this story four pillows!



Four Wonderful Pillows: 


Heat Rating:








1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for the wonderful review. I am so glad you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete